Deciding which secondary school to attend is one of the most important decisions in life. Therefore, one needs to find all possible information about one’s future school. At our school, we tend to inform potential candidates in several ways:
- The project Spend a Day at II. gimnazija enables pupils to get to know our school first hand. They get to know the way the school functions and can visit a number of classes.
- Open Day is carried out at the beginning of February. The dates are the same for all Slovenian schools. During the two days, schools provide a detailed presentation of their work and extra-curricular activities .
- If desired and requested, our Counselling office provides individual advice and help .
- Foreign students and their parents can visit the school individually and can communicate via Skype.
Pupils who have completed primary education can enrol in our National Grammar School Programme and Sports School Programme. Students can enrol in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme if they meet the following criteria: students should not be older than 17 and should have finished year 1 and year 2 in the National Grammar School Programme with a general point average of “very good.” Due to the popularity of the programme and the exceeding number of applicants, a selection procedure is carried out every year.
Overview of the selection procedures for all programmes:
- National Grammar School Programme: grades of all compulsory subjects in the 7th, 8th and 9th
- Sports Classes Programme: grades of all compulsory subjects of the 7th, 8th, and 9th grades and sports achievements.
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme: you can access any additional required information here …